Sunday 28 December 2014

My New Years Resolutions For 2015



Now I’m not going to lie, my track record with new years resolutions is pretty pitiful, so this year I decided to try and set myself a few more achievable goals as opposed to the usual daunting resolutions.  A few of my goals are things that I would be hoping to do soon whether it was the new year or not, but striking something off a list always makes it feel like so much more of an achievement.


  •       Get fit – Because no one has ever thought of this one before ;). My reasons for needing to get fit are of course related to my body image and self confidence, but I am also hoping to improve my skin, my appetite and fingers crossed it will help my mood.

  •       Visit my friends at uni – I’m definitely missing my friends and I’d love to see what they get up to in their new surroundings.  For years I believed that university wasn’t for me; maybe I’m missing my friends but maybe a taster weekend would be good to see if it’s for me.

  •      Find a job I can cope with – 2014 wasn’t such a good year for me, in fact it was about as rough as it possibly could be. But now I need to get better and I need things to keep me busy, so I’m hoping for a part time job to get myself started and then move on to bigger things.

  •     Travel with friends – Nothing huge, my plans to go on a big adventure are unlikely to happen without a well-timed winning of the lottery. But a nice trip somewhere sunny would do me wonders.

  •      To stop picking my spots! – My skin seems to hate me but I’m sure, when it comes down to it, I’m my own worst enemy. For anyone like me, always aiming for better skin, this would be a good place to start.

  •       Read more! – I used to read a lot and I’m not really sure why I stopped. I intend to start by finishing a book that I have started twice and thoroughly enjoyed up until my kindle would run out of battery and I’d forget to charge it for months.

  •      Eat more fruit – the reasons behind this are obvious. But I suck at getting my five a day and hopefully this will also help my skin.

To try and encourage my self to stick to these, I’ll be reviewing my progress on here every couple of months; hopefully the fear of publicly admitting failure will persuade me to keep going with as many as I can.


What are your new years resolutions or goal?


Love, Sorcha

                xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment